Kathmandu World Heritage Sights (Day Tour)
Your tour guide for the day will meet you at your hotel after breakfast. Your first stop will be Nepal’s most important Hindu sight, Pashupatinath. This site sits on the banks of the holy Bagmati River and is used as a cremation ground. Our next stop will be Bodhnath, the largest Buddhist stupa in Asia. This is your chance to see some of the thousands of pilgrims who gather to walk around the dome each day. Climb up to one of the many rooftop cafes for lunch and be rewarded with a bird’s-eye view of the entire square. After lunch we turn to the medieval temples in Patan’s Durbar Square. Patan is one of 3 royal cities in the Kathmandu Valley, it’s filled with wood and stone carvings, metal statues, ornate architecture, including dozens of Buddhist and Hindu temples, and over 1200 monuments. Our last stop for the day is the Buddhist temple Swyambhunath, mobbed by monkeys and soaring above the city on a hilltop, the ‘Monkey Temple’ is a fascinating, chaotic jumble of Buddhist and Hindu iconography. This is a great place to end your day, so enjoy the view and maybe catch a sunset before heading back to your hotel.
– Bodhnath Stupa
– Patan’s Medieval Durbar square
– Swyambhunath Buddhist temple (Monkey temple)
Trip Start Dates
- All Entrance fees and taxes paid
- English speaking tour guide
- Ground transport in private vehicle
- International airfares
- Meals – Breakfast, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Tips & Gratuities
Pricing Per Person
The more people joining your trip the cheaper it becomes, so why not grab a few friends and bring them along. Add $100 per person If choosing one way flight back from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- 1 Person -$169
- 2-4 People -$119
- 5+ People -$120