Langtang with Tamang Heritage Trail (14 Days)
Enjoy the beauty of the Langtang Valley, often referred to as the “Valley of Glaciers”, this trek combines mountain adventures with Himalayan culture. The Tamang Heritage trail is an exciting new route located between Langtang and the Ganesh Himal. A culturally rich region steeped in Tibetan tradition. The Tamang people of the area are descended from Tibet and have hardly seen tourists, leaving there culture virtually untouched. Along the way you may see bears, leopards, red panda’s and musk deer that pose no danger to you.
Despite being just a few hours’ drive from Kathmandu, you will be rewarded with a relatively gentle circuit trek through picturesque villages, terraced fields and peaceful valleys. Along the way enjoy panoramic mountain views of the nearby peaks and soak in the natural hot springs of Tatopani. As you continue north you will see local forts, monasteries and exquisite local architecture of the Tamang homes.
After exploring the region we head back towards Syabrusbesi from where we return to Kathmandu
Day 01- Arrive Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)
Day 02- Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation
Day 03- Drive to Syaprubeshi (1550m/5100ft)
Day 04- Trek to Gatlang (2200m/7217ft)
Day 05- Trek to Tatopani (2607m/8550ft)
Day 06- Trek to Thuman (2380m/7830ft)
Day 07- Trek to Bridim (2400m/7874ft)
Day 08- Trek to Lama Hotel (2380m/7830ft)
Day 09- Trek to Langtang Village (3430m/11253ft)
Day 10- Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m/12698ft)
Day 11- Trek to Lama Hotel
Day 12- Trek to Syabrubeshi
Day 13- Drive to Kathmandu
Day 14- Fly to Home country
Trip Start Dates
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary
- Domestic flight ticket and airport tax.
- Domestic flight ticket for the guide and airport tax.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pohkara per itinerary.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region ( Langtang) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- International airfares
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
Pricing Per Person
The more people joining your trip the cheaper it becomes, so why not grab a few friends and bring them along.
- 1 Person -$730
- 2-4 People -$690
- 5+ People -$650