Makalu Trek (21 Days)
Mount Makalu situated at 8463m is the well-known fifth tallest peak in the world and getting to its base would be the best trek experience any trekkers can get. A trek to Makalu Base camp actually allows you an alternative to view the superb scenery of the top peak in the planet – Mount Everest plus other gigantic mountains like- Mount Chamlang, Mount Makalu, Mount Lhotse, and more. Makalu Trekking area is populated by Sherpa groups at the part of Khumbu valley.
The trek will begin after taking a flight to Tumlingtar, lying at Mid-eastern Nepal from Kathmandu taking roughly half an hour. The pathway to Makalu Base Camp Trek goes by the Arun River as well as astounding serene passes know as Tutu La pass 4200m and Keke La pass lying at an altitude of 4230m. This can be fairly demanding in some areas so a reasonable level of fitness is recommended. Enjoy breathtaking scenery and a chance to take a trip through traditional Nepalese villages. On top of this it’s located in the Makalu Barun National Park which is packed with animals, birds and vegetation.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing and preparing for trek
Day 03: Fly to Tumlingtar and drive to Chichila (1,840m)
Day 04: Trek to Num (1,500m)
Day 05: Trek to Seduwa (1,540m)
Day 06: Trek to Tashigaon (2,070m)
Day 07: Trek to Khongma (3,560m)
Day 08: Rest and acclimatization day
Day 09: Cross Shipton La and trek to Debotay (3,650m)
Day 10: Trek to Yangle Kharka (3,600m)
Day 11: Trek to Merek (4,500m)
Day 12: Trek to Shersong
Day 13: Day tour to Makalu Base Camp (5,000m)
Day 14: Trek to Yangle Kharka
Day 15: Trek to Mumbuk
Day 17: Trek to Khongma
Day 18: Trek to Tashi Gaun
Day 19: Trek to Num
Day 20: Trek to Chichila, Transfer to Tumlingtar
Day 21: Fly back to Kathmandu
Trip Start Dates
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pohkara per itinerary.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region ( Annapurna) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- International airfares
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
Pricing Per Person
The more people joining your trip the cheaper it becomes, so why not grab a few friends and bring them along. Add $100 per person If choosing one way flight back from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- 1 Person -$1795
- 2-4 People -$1710
- 5+ People -$1680