Helambu trek (10 Days)
The Helambu trek is one of the shorter and easier treks in the Langtang region. Famous for its scenic grandeur and pleasant climate, the trek begins at the town of Sundarijal, where after an hours walk, you enter the Shivapuri National Park. Then ends at the Melamchi Pul Bazaar in the Helambu region.
Only an hour’s drive from the Kathmandu Valley, the treks close proximity to Kathmandu makes this perfect for people who are short on time. Besides learning about the Hyolomo culture of the mountain people, you will be rewarded by fantastic diversity as you walk through rhododendron and bamboo forests, snow-capped Himalayas and majestic waterfalls, ending with beautiful rice terraces and many Buddhist Monasteries.
This trek is an easier one as the elevations are lower, ranging from 800m to 3600m, which means less climbing and generally a warmer climate. Another advantage is that there are fewer trekkers here than other regions such as Annapurna and Everest, yet you will still be rewarded with a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery.
Day 01- Arrive Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)
Day 02- Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation
Day 03- Trek to Chisapani(2110m/6921ft)
Day 04- Trek to Kutumsang (2540m/8332ft)
Day 05- Trek to Tharepati (3650m/11972ft)
Day 06- Trek to Melamchi Gaon (2640m/8660ft)
Day 07- Trek to Tarkeghyang (2560m/8497ft)
Day 08- Trek to Sermanthang (2610m/8563ft)
Day 09- Trek to Melamchipul Bazar and drive back to kathmandu
Day 10- Fly to Home country
Trip Start Dates
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary
- Domestic flight ticket and airport tax.
- Domestic flight ticket for the guide and airport tax.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pohkara per itinerary.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region ( Langtang) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- International airfares
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
Pricing Per Person
The more people joining your trip the cheaper it becomes, so why not grab a few friends and bring them along.
- 1 Person -$510
- 2-4 People -$460
- 5+ People -$420