Nepal and Tibet Tour (11 Days)
Fly to the heart of Tibet, then drive back to Kathmandu over the highest mountain range in the world. Explore the holy city of Lhasa. Visit beautiful Tibetan cities and towns such as Gyantse, Shigatse, Sakya, Rongbuk and Zhangmu. Reach the base camp of the world’s highest peak, Mt Everest. Explore the mystical Yamdrok Tso Lake and conquer a few high passes. See popular Tibetan landmarks like the Dalai Lama’s Potala and Norbulingka Palaces, Tibet Museum, Barkhor Bazaar and Gyantse Dzong. We also visit quite a number of spectacular Tibetan monasteries including but not limited to Sera, Drepung, Phalkot, Shalu, Tashilhunpo, Sakya and Rongbuk, the world’s highest monastery.
Wander the mystical streets of Kathmandu with an experienced guide by your side. Discover ancient courtyards, temples and bustling markets. Gain a taste of the remarkable cultural heritage of this unique and varied land.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu (1345meters).
Day 02Kathmandu guided city tour
Day 03Kathmandu to Lhasa
Day 04Lhasa sightseeing: Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace and Tibet Museum: 5-6 hours
Day 05Lhasa Sightseeing: Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Bazaar: 5-6 hours
Day 06Lhasa to Gyantse (3,950m/12,956ft) via Karo La Pass and Yamdrok Tso Lake: 325km, 5-6 hours
Day 07Gyantse to Shigatse (3,900m/12,795ft) via Shalu Monastery: 95km, 2 hours
Day 08Shigatse to Rongbuk (5,000m/16,400ft) via Sakya Monastery: 355km, 8-9 hours
Day 09Rongbuk to Zhangmu (2,300m/7,544ft) via Everest Base Camp: 257km, 5-6 hours
Day 10Zhangmu to Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft): 153km, 4-5 hours
Day 11Farewell from Nepal as you fly back home.
- All accommodation where available
- Airport Pickup/Drop off
- Domestic flights
- International one way flight to Lhasa, Tibet
- All ground transportation
- Private guide with insurance
- Entrance fees to all sights
- First Aid Kit
- All government and local taxes
- Meals as per the Itinerary
What's not included
- International flights, except those listed above
- Entry Visa fees – at present $25 for 15 day, US$ 40 for 30 day, and US$ 100 for three month visa on entry into Nepal.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Personal gear and expenses
- Alcoholic and soda drinks.
- Tips and gratitude for guide/porter