Langtang Valley with Ganjala pass (14 Days)
This adventurous 14 day trek will take you through the famous Langtang Valley and the Ganja La Pass (5,000m). The trek begins in Sybrubesi via the Kanyanjing Gompa, crosses the mighty Ganja La pass and ends at the Melamchi Pul Bazar in the Helambu region. This trek offers tremendous views of the Langtang Himalaya range and the Tibetan peaks beyond. Hike through lush rhododendron and bamboo forests to Kyangin Gompa. The Gompa is surrounded by towering snow-capped peaks, is home to a Buddhist monastery and a renowned cheese factory.
Much of this route is spent above 3,000m (10,000ft) with the highest point being the Ganja la Pass (5,122m). On the pass the last part of the trail is precarious so we use a rope there for safety, though the utmost care is enough. The descent from the pass is along a steep slope, but the rest of the trail is easy and comfortable. As there are no lodges and no settlements for three days along the way, we will be camping and fully self-sufficient with food and fuel.
Towards the end of the trip you will also pass through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of Buddhist Monasteries before heading back to Kathmandu
Day 01- Arrive Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft).
Day 02- Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation
Day 03- Drive to Syaprubeshi (1550m/5100ft)
Day 04- Trek to Lama Hotel (2380m/7830ft)
Day 05- Trek to Langtang Village (3430m/11253ft)
Day 06- Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m/12698ft)
Day 07- Rest and exploration day at Kyanjin Gompa
Day 08- Trek to Ganjala Phedi (4300m/14104ft)
Day 09- Trek to Keldang (4250m/13940ft) via Ganjala pass (5122m/16800ft)
Day 10- Trek to Yak Kharka (4000m/13120ft)
Day 11- Trek to Tarkeghyang (2590m/8497ft)
Day 12- Trek to Sermanthang (2610m/8563ft)
Day 13- Trek to Melamchipul Bazar and drive back to kathmandu
Day 14- Fly to Home country
Trip Start Dates
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary
- Domestic flight ticket and airport tax.
- Domestic flight ticket for the guide and airport tax.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pohkara per itinerary.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region ( Langtang) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- International airfares
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
Pricing Per Person
The more people joining your trip the cheaper it becomes, so why not grab a few friends and bring them along.
- 1 Person -$1460
- 2-4 People -$1410
- 5+ People -$1370