Jiri to Everest base camp trek (21 days)
The Everest base camp trek via Jiri route lets you follow the footsteps of legendary mountaineers, Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Sherpa. This trek begins from Jiri in a scenic village located in the eastern region of Nepal. Enjoy exploring some of the finest natural and cultural wonders Nepal has to offer as you hike to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain. Pass through the alpine forests and glacial rivers, enjoy the warm hospitality of the Sherpa people of the region and visit Buddhist monasteries covered in prayer flags. Hike up to Kala Patthar to enjoy scenic panoramic views of Nuptse, Everest and Lhotse.
This is the longer route to Everest base camp but highly recommended as it lets you experience the unique and extreme landscapes of eastern Nepal.
Day 01- Arrive Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)
Day 02- Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation
Day 03- Drive to Bhandar (2250m/7380ft)
Day 04- Trek to Sete (2575m/8446ft)
Day 05- Trek to Junbeshi (2670m/8758ft)
Day 06- Trek to Nunthala (2220m/7282ft)
Day 07- Trek to Bupsa (2360m/7741ft)
Day 08- Trek to Surke (2290m/7511ft)
Day 09- Trek to Phakding(2650m/9348ft)
Day 10- Trek to Namche Bazaar (3450m/11316ft)
Day 11- Acclimatization day at Namche
Day 12- Trek to Tyangboche (3860m/12661ft)
Day 13- Trek to Dingboche (4345m/14252ft)
Day 14- Acclimatization day at Dingboche
Day 15- Trek to Labuche(4903/16082ft)
Day 16- Trek to Gorakshep (5200m/17056ft), excursion EBC
Day 17- Trek to Pheriche (4240m/13907ft) after hike to Kalapathhar (5550m/18204ft)
Day 18- Trek to Namche bazaar
Day 19- Trek to Lukla (4650m/15252ft)
Day 20- Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 21- Fly back to Home country
Trip Start Dates
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per itinerary
- Domestic flight ticket and airport tax.
- Domestic flight ticket for the guide and airport tax.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
- Accommodation in tea houses or in tents as per itinerary during the trek.
- Accommodation including breakfast at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pohkara per itinerary.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance and salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees.
- Respective region ( Everest) trekking map. TIMS Card & Trek Permit
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- International airfares
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – you may easily obtain the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities
Pricing Per Person
The more people joining your trip the cheaper it becomes, so why not grab a few friends and bring them along.
- 1 Person -$1560
- 2-4 People -$1470
- 5+ People -$1430